6. Total Quality Management - Steering Committee, Review and Planning Workshop (1 Day)
WHO FOR :
The key decision makers and appointees to a Steering Committee who will drive and guide a Total Quality Management culture change campaign within their organisation.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
- To create an understanding of the roles, tasks and responsibilities of a Steering Committee and its members.
- To review the progress your organisation's quality initiative has made to date.
- To consult and propose an action plan for progressing and widening the programmes scope.
CONTENTS AND METHODS
- The role of the Steering Committee.
- Who should be on the Steering Committee at the beginning and at maturity.
- How should a Steering Committee operate in terms of its meeting timing, locations, procedures and agenda.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a Steering Committee?
- Options available to grow and support a TQM programme.
- Implications of Error-Free Work (EFW), measure by Cost of Quality (COQ) and Manage by
- Prevention (MBP).
- How to direct and control a TQM programme.
- Measuring the Cost of Quality.
- Project Customer Action Teams and how they work.
- Approving Customer Action Team's findings and recommendations.
- Finance implications and solution approval avenues for CAT proposals.
- Further CAT Project team Training and Development activities.
- Organisation and communication of CAT Project team activities.
- The formulation of an organisation's quality and TQM policy, CAT Project operating policy, and the expected training and development input to a TQM programme.
- Dealing with quality culture inhibiting policies and procedures which have been uncovered.
- Potential barriers to your organisation achieving a permanent Quality Improvement Management Style and Culture change.
- Issues outlined in a TQM initiative in a SWOT audit report.
- Potential CAT Project team subjects and areas to tackle.
The benefits of having a TQM Steering Committee Kick is to give the committee a self-sustaining goal and structure to continue its work in progressing the TQM campaign.