36. "Counter Violence" Video Based Training ( 1 day )
WHO FOR :-
The "Counter Violence" video-based Training Pack is designed to be the UK national resource to train retail front-line staff and management how to minimise the risk of violence occurring to them while going about their normal every-day work.
While it is specifically designed to help those who work in small to medium sized retail outlets throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, a group which represents 95% of British retail outlets, the points apply equally to large retailers.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
- To make staff and management aware of the situations which may give rise to violence occurring to them in their workplace, without alarming them.
- To equip managers and staff with the knowledge and key interpersonal skills to recognise and deal safely with potentially violent situations, including robbery.
- To help staff and management feel safer and more confident in countering situations that could lead to violence while at work.
CONTENTS AND METHODS
- Definition of Violence.
- Situations Which Give Rise To Violence.
- Which Types Of Shops And Categories Of Staff Are Most At Risk.
- What Do Thieves Or Robbers Look For Before Targeting a Shop?
- Why Does Violence Occur?
- Situations which can lead to Violence:
- Shop Theft.
- Fraudulent Payments.
- Drug Addicts.
- Groups Of Young People.
- Security Tagging Activation.
- Customer Complaints.
- Incorrect Change Situations.
- Queue Management.
- Incidents Between Customers.
- Interpersonal skills to deal with Agression & Violence:
- Customer Service.
- Dealing With Customer Aggression.
- Body Language And Vocal Style.
- Recognising An Aggressors Body Language.
- Using Body Language To Avoid Aggression.
- Customer Aggression Handling Skills.
- Behavioural Techniques.
- Reacting To A Physical Attack.
- Reacting to a Robbery
- What Is A Robbery?
- What To Do If Faced With A Robbery.
- Post Robbery action.
- Recognising and Dealing with Post Traumatic Stress.
Delegates will leave the course with a copy of the "Counter Violence" video based training pack which is endorsed by the Police , Home Office , BRC etc.. They will have a comprehensive understanding of how to recognise and defuse situations that put them at risk. They will also know the best actions to take if involved in being assaulted, robbed or having been a victim of violence.