33. Selling Skills for Front Line Retail Staff - using the "Sell To Profit" video-based Training Pack. ( 2 days )
WHO FOR :-
All shop staff with responsibility for selling their stores merchandise
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
- To increase delegates average customer spend, sales conversion rates and number of items sold per customer.
- To enhance and widen the selling skills and hence confidence levels of delegates, so that they may achieve more job satisfaction in their job role.
- To equip delegates with key point cards to use as quick reference material on the shop floor when selling.
CONTENTS AND METHODS
The programme is highly participative using "Sell to Profit" case studies, true to life role plays with sales assistant, customer and observer roles, practical exercises and structured discussion groups.
The skills of selling that will be Instructed, Coached or Counselled on will start in the training room and progress to be practised in a shop floor environment with real merchandise with which delegates are familiar. The course should ideally be held 40% within a training facility and 60% within a shop.
The course is designed for maximum planned experience and involvement of delegates within as true to life a setting as possible.
THE WILL FOLLOW THESE MAIN THEMES:-
- Why Selling and not just customer service is the lead skill for retail staff and management.
- The 7 golden rules of Salesmanship.
- The 7-stage cycle a successful Sale will follow
- Visual and Verbal Handshakes
- How to Approaching customers to identify needs
- Product Knowledge and how to Features and Benefits to Present merchandise
- Fitting room service
- Customer Concerns and how to handle them
- Closing the Sale
- Add-on Selling
- Completing a Customers sales experience
- Extensive Role Plays on each of the 7 modules on the shop floor for the second day of the course.
At the end of this course, delegates will have gained the knowledge, know-how, planned experience and skills to start to become competent and confident sales advisors and not just shop assistants. They will leave with a comprehensive selling skills training pack to be used as a reference resource.